The Kpop Artist of the day

The Kpop Artist of the day

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Kpop Reviews: Block b's awesome comeback song "Be the Light" (빛이 되어줘)

A combination of perfection and simplicity!
            DO YOU WANNA BE? BLOCK B!
B-L-O-C-K B is back! And just like their name, it is a Block buster come back. After the long wait from the group's fanbase, BBC, Block b didn't disappointed anyone with high expectations to them. After all the issues Block b has gone through, they seemed to pull out of it and show everyone that they aren't just any boy group, with this new song they showed everyone that they deserve to be on the "Popularity" block.

The first time me and le best friend saw this, we fell in love. Everything was perfect and flawless, from the MV, the song and to the group's appearance itself. Shall we go over and evaluate their comeback piece?

(click the "read more" button to read more *winks)


1) The song & it's lyrics (meaning) + the engrish part

This is the kind of song that can be used to dance to and go "emo" over whilst listening to it. The song has this kind of feeling and touch in it that can make you go cray cray over it and sing it again and again. It has the perfect rendition, the perfect beat, the perfect timing for some instrumentals and beat to take over and the perfect vocals. The song as a whole is just amazing!
Unlike the other Kpop songs that has a mismatch for the beat and the meaning, this song is different. The melody of the song matches the meaning it has very well, it has a slow feeling but it's still full of beat and life that goes perfect with what the song brings or what the song really is all about. Let's go over to this particular part of the song...

                 eodu keom keomhae boiji anha
                 son ppeodeot jiman
                 baram man budijhyeowa
                 waenji moreuge natseon igot
                 chora hame igsughae jine
                 geurimja cheoreom jinae
which means:

                 
It’s dark and I can’t see
                                          I put out my hand but only                                        the wind clashes I don’t know                                    why but this place is strange                                    I’m getting used to this misery                                  I live like a shadow


Freaking poetic! I really like the lyrics, the lyrics is sooooooo heaven like. For me it has a hidden meaning in it. It is perfect. And now, for the engrish part...

The song doesn't actually has tons of engrish parts in it, i just noticed this particular part in it, which says "I deep inside of you" i don't really know if it was actually supposed to be "i, deep inside of you" but either ways i like it. 

And for the finale of the song, i kinda found it to be a bit short, i mean the ending part was just so sudden for me, it's not like i want the song to go on forever (i actually do, LOL) it's just that i found the ending to end so suddenly. (how ironic, right? LOL) 

But either ways, i loved it, still loving it and seems like will be forever loving it.

Song: 9.5 out of 10


2) The Music Video

The fvck why they kept on using U-Kwon as a fvcking punching bag? (sorry for the words though)

I really like the music video, the whole let's-beat-ukwon thingy kinda gets me. I just really don't understand the whole part where the girl was fainting and jumping and licking the freaking lollipop and thing. Do you guys get it? If you do please leave it in the comment section below this whole post. I really loved it and their back ground was breath taking (Block b members themselves was breath taking, actually) I just really got a lost on the whole we-beat-ukwon-nonstop thing. But either ways, it is still beautiful. I just don't know if i am just plain stupid that's why i didn't understand some parts of the MV.

So, the Kpop Guru-Expert gives the MV a 9/10



I guess that's all, i really don't have anything for the "dance" portion of this review, they didn't had any. But i ain't disappointed! ^^*

OVER ALL SCORE IS...
DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

9.5 kpop points!In percentage, 98% kpop rating.
See what i mean? The poor guy. Getting beaten and all T-T


6 comments:

  1. It's actually my first time to notice that boy group. I only know them because of their song "Nalina" but i am actually starting to like them for good. and i like that ukwon guy. He is such a cutie patootie~ cute as a button every single one of them! nice review by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finallyyyyyy~ You made a great single review of block b!!! Oh my god, this is my favorite kpop group, and you, you unleashed the uttermost kpop instinct on me for block b! You did a great review about them. And i really want to thank you because u made a positive review about them and you even gave a 98% rating for them! OMG!

    But there's this comment about block b's be the light mv that says "i feel like when ukwon was getting beaten, it was a metaphor for how block b took a beating from us, the anti-fans the old company, but also for us. They stood there, and took the abuse and name-calling, so that they could come back as a better, stronger, and more united Block B for us. Even when we doubted them." You know, with this comment i feel more guilty about them and i realized that it's true, they endured all the pain just for us. OMG, my feels again. T__T

    ReplyDelete
  3. And my bias there is U-kwon(the boy being beaten), and Kyung(the rapper after Zico's part). And my gosh, my heart feels crushed when they are fvckinly beating him like wtf are u doing with my kitten? Are u out of ur minds? U really must be fvuckinly kidding me. Nobody beats my kitten. I will surely kill u.

    And speaking about Zico, i'm proud to brag that he's the one that composed, arranged, and produced and wrote the lyrics of this whole song. OMG, Zico, i hail you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore all your review.
    I don't have enough words to show how they inspire me to be strong and fight until to get my dreams ! Block B is very special to me. They have good songs that when I listen , i feel very comforttable . For me is 9.5 out of 10 too . I really love this song and the video was its best complement. This song is VERY VERY VERY GOOD :D #BlockB1stWin Chukaee!!

    ReplyDelete