The Kpop Artist of the day

The Kpop Artist of the day

Monday, September 23, 2013

Kpop Reviews: f(x) "Rum Pum Pum Pum"

Why the heck does Amber look like an EXO member?


F(x) is back with a new upbeat song for the summer called "Rum Pum Pum Pum" after a long waited comeback from their fans, they made a comeback with this pop song. Surprisingly, instead of gaining positive feedbacks, this girl group from SM entertainment somehow seemed to disappoint the crowd, especially their fans with high expectations given to them. To be honest i was a bit disappointed whilst listening to this song. it lacks POWER and that extra "ummfff" in it. The beat is somehow more powerful than the vocals, the vocals the entire song was somehow "Flat" and sometimes a bit off key. Luna, is the only member that shone throughout the whole video for me, because she has a nice voice (no offense, but i think she is the only one in their group that can sing!) The song was boring, out of all the f(x) song this is the one that i find to be "boring" and don't hate me because even their most dedicated fan found it to be a bit...... a bit...... Boring?!
Click to enlarge to see the comments better! 
The concept was still the same, you know, the "box" concept that is SM entertainment's trade mark. The dance were okay, but it wasn't as addictive as before (the dances in their electric shock) and i think their dance was very "safe" they didn't pushed that hard to create an awesome and vivid-kind of dance that would be their trade mark. The video, i think, was planned to be "safe" and "not-out-of-the-box" type of video. Seriously, i really love their "electric shock" song, it was energetic and fun, while this song was a bit plain and boring. It doesn't have that "WOW" factor in it, it is okay though.

(and please, don't get me started about their attitude problems, yes, i am talking about Krystal and Sulli and their whole group but the focus is on the two. And even if you are a fan of theirs or not, as long as you are a netizen, you would know about that issue, which is sadly true.)



I couldn't say anything more about their video, instead of saying things about it, i would just rate it!

Video's concept: 6/10
Song: 5/10
Vocals: 6/10
Dance: 6.5/10

Over all score from the Kpop Guru-Expert: 6


Thank you for reading and sorry if this post was short and all. But, thank you for reading, till next time! ^^*



9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what you said. And honestly, I got really tired seeing only Luna and Luna and all. They got a really boring concept and a very not catchy beat, and I also felt bad only hearing their very loud beat, which is not very good even, not their own voices that's why it's giving me an impression that they didn't care about it and they just go 'whatever, come what may'. Aside from I do not like f(x) because I do not like the girl groups of SMent because they're too girly, i like things in Hiphop way. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I mean, i like their old songs because of the sizzle it brings, the energy it gives, but i am seriously disappointed on them on this one. It is just too "safe" So you like 2ne1?

      Delete
    2. Yes, i really do!! OMO! I even hail them! LOL. *flips the earth*
      But I also got that bit of a girly side too because I like the groups Secret, Sistar, and T-ara. But what i like the most is the group 2ne1 because hell yeah, they make me headbanging with their songs always. OMG, i'm being hyperactive again.

      Delete
  3. Can u post about Sulli failing to dance the Rum pum pum pum and this Sulli and Dynamic Duo's Choiza dating issues? I really want a reaction from you regarding to these issues. I really want to hear your side, because me? i keep laughing on Sulli when she failed to dance that certain part. Oh man, i'm so bad. T_T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I saw that and laughed my freaking ass off! She always does that, failing and all! She is one of my least favorites in their group! She's always "sleepy" when they perform, she has no energy! I love amber, though! She is soooo friendly! seriously, she is! She always says "Hi" to her fans! (including me, sh*t) LOL

      Delete
  4. And also that "may reklamo ka?" tweet of Amber on twitter. Hell yeah, i became her instant follower because she tweeted a filipino word. I now hail her. And hell yeah, every filipino fans are now chanting "may reklamo ka?" sentence and keep on repeating it over and over, including me, i keep on saying these. Hahahaha i'm so out of my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Filipino? Like, The Philippines? My Brother is studying there! ^^* He studies in a school with "tamaraws" LOL i don't really know but that is what he told me. Is there a school like that there?

      Delete
    2. Yes, Philippines.
      Really? Your brother is studying here?! And in tamaraws! Yes, we have a school with a moniker tamaraws and it it FEU, and guess what??? That school is very near from our house! OMO! I now want to see your brother. I wonder what he looks like? Hmmmm

      Delete